Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where did 20 lbs of me go? (w:174.4)

Good Morning,

Well today I weighed in to find the scale at 174.4...which means I have officially passed the 20 lbs lost mark. I'm happy, excited, thrilled, upset, confused, wary, and angry. What? Yeah. Of course its good to know that I am twenty pounds lighter than I was when I started this blog, last spring this weight would have sounded like...a miracle number, hence the happy/excited/thrilled. I feel like I am doing something right! On the other hand I am nervous that maybe some of the recent numbers going down have been loss of water weight or...scale confusion...or magic. Who knows? I've been counting my calories, and have been good for the most part, but 20 lbs down seems too good to be true, and in case you haven't been keeping up with me...a lot of that could have come from a bout of illness/medication hence the upset/confused/wary. Where does the angry fit in? That's easy! Time! I could have reached this goal months ago, had I really committed to buckling down, and eating and working out the way I should have been! It's when I get thoughts like that that I have to remind myself to slow down, that time isn't "running out", that I have as long as I need to make this work for me. Ah sanity...it is nice when you kick in. The twenty pound lighter Bella doesn't seem that different to her family and friends it looks like...no one has really commented on the loss, but then again it has happened so gradually that I'm sure it's been hard to notice...but it's just the little things, seeing an old picture where I know I'm thinner now, pulling up and buttoning pants that sort of fit that I can finally breathe in from two years ago. I'm getting there...slowly it seems but steadily none the less.

On the Military front I have some surprising news, most branches (except for it seems, the Army) will not let you serve if you have a tattoo on your neck (which I do, a very small symbol on the nape of my neck). That'll be something to think about...I made an appointment to have it looked at, to see about removal...NOT to get it removed just yet (I'm not that serious about any of this yet), but if the Military is really something I'm considering (maybe Marines, maybe a Dr. with the Army or Air Force...) than it might be worth the pain/trouble/cost of getting it done. Just something to consider!

Kisses and well wishes,
Bella

Edit: Look for update pictures soon! (soonish, I have to get back to school, get the same outfit, and find room time sans room mate (yeesh, you have no idea) to take the pic!)

1 comment:

RedHead said...

No one noticed that I had lost any weight until I hit around 50 pounds!! I mean some people could tell but at work, that's when people REALLY noticed. So don't get discouraged about that. You want people to tell you that you look good BECAUSE you do! Not because you told them that your scale went down! It's more meaningful that way! But congrats on the 20 pound mark! Happy New Year!